Apr 22, 2011

China


    
     On February 4, 2011, Val flew from Seoul, Korea, to China.  I will not tell you where I was or with whom, as I want to protect the people I was visiting.   It was a wonderful week with good friends and I was blessed beyond measure by their hospitality and kindnesses to me.  
    


  
    

    
    If you ever get to China, the zoo is an experience that you do NOT want to miss    Here is a very polite sign warning me that the leaves on the trees or the branches might fall on my head.  
     Wow!!! I grew up in the mountains and no one ever warned me before that leaves or branches might fall on my head.  Just so thoughtful.   SMILE!!



    
     Wal-mart in China!   Not quite Wal-mart in the USA but it is so nice to have a fully stocked low budget store in which to shop.






     China is a mostly Buddhist nation. There are idols and temples for everyone. Good luck is part of the Chinese culture also. Here is a young lady rubbing a stone for good luck.  




     The Chinese people are in a country where technology is now growing rapidly.  They have all the 'things' they need but they are not allowed to know Jesus.  It is a very difficult country in which to live as a missionary.   If you know anyone who is in China sharing Jesus with the people, please pray for them and encourage them as much as possible.  They need words of affirmation to know that what they are doing is important.  

Look closely at this photo and you will see my face at the bottom.  
Yes, I was really in China.   

No comments: