May 8, 2011

Melissa Boyken

        From June 28, 2010, until May 13, 2011, Melissa Boyken volunteered as a staff member at the NEOS Fellowship Center in Tagum City.   Melissa came all the way from Bloomington, Indiana, to live with the Boado Family.  

Here is what she said about her time in Tagum City at NEOS:                 I had no idea what was in store for me, including what life would be like, what exactly I would be doing, and how I would  be living. This was a complete leap of faith for me. When I arrived, the Boado family greeted me with open arms and open hearts.  
   This ministry has opened my eyes to all God can do when  people are willing to serve Him with all their heart. The ministry  at NEOS is possible because of the faithful staff and volunteers  at NEOS. People give their time, energy, and hearts to help  share Christ with the people of Tagum City, Philippines. This  ministry has helped show me how much I want to give my heart to sharing Christ, whether in  a local church ministry or some other ministry.        

     Along this journey, there have been ups and downs,  good times, and not so good times.  Yet, God has been with me every step of  the way.  He just wanted me to trust in Him about  my future. He wants me to completely surrender my life to Him and allow Him to work.    

   I feel like God was trying to show me and teach me to rely on  Him.  He is my Father, the One I should run to in times of need.  He is always there. He is here for me when I am all by myself.  He promised to never leave me, and to always be with me, no  matter what. Throughout this experience I have realized that  God is the One who will always be there for me, and I am to  turn to Him always.   

     I now appreciate my earthly family more, and I was able to  experience the NEOS ministry and life with the Boado family.      

No comments: