Aug 22, 2008

Will Kammel


     Will Kammel traveled to the Philippines with our family this summer. He was with us from June 21 to August 4, 2008.  Here is what Will has to say about his time in the Philippines:  
     This has been one of the most enjoyable trips I have ever had.   Getting to know one of my home church's "missionary families" has been really neat.   Mike and Valerie have been able to challenge me in my faith and have caused me to grow many times during my visit with them.   I am so grateful for them being placed in Tagum by God to have the ministry they have.  
     One of the reasons I was excited about this trip is because, unlike other mission trips, the setting here is REAL LIFE.   I was able to simply live their life with them.   I was really happy to be able to watch and participate in how they interact with their staff,  the people at NEOS, and how they handle real life situations that come about.  Then, I was able to jump into whatever was going on and be challenged with all the different types of outreach they have.  
     One of the main things I will take from this whole trip is how important prayer is and how strong it really is.   Before I came, I asked God to take me out of my comfort zone and challenge me.   Two days after we arrived in Tagum I was asked to speak at their first Youth Fellowship meeting of the year.   I reluctantly agreed and only later did I remember asking God for that very thing to happen.   If I had said no, it would have been as if I was shoving God's gift back in His face.   God really does answer prayer, and when He does, we had better take it and do what He wants us to do.   Along with my own prayers, the Boados take everything to prayer.   If a problem came about with NEOS, the family, or while traveling, the first thing that happened was we prayed before doing anything.   Multiple times I saw the prayers answered. Just seeing all these thing has really helped me grow in my faith.   I know first hand that God does and will answer your prayers.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. God answers prayers in a way no one wuold expect! :-)